We are a well-established and reputable access solutions business based in Sandy, Bedfordshire. Operating within the UK predominantly and a small level of activity in Europe. They manufacture high quality access solutions to allow safe, rapid access from the ground to roofline levels and are a cost-effective alternative to scaffolding.
To work as part of a small team to assemble/build/final finish a range of products as required by the customer in a timely and efficient manner.
- Preparation of materials, assembly, final finish and packing of our products ensuring quality is maintained.
- To use light machinery such as bench drills, cold saws and finishing machines.
- To cut and drill aluminum piping.
- To assemble work from simple technical drawings using such tools as hand drills, rivet guns and fly presses.
- Be able to read and comprehend simple manufacturing drawings.
- To work to strict deadlines and have a close attention to detail.
- Use of both air/powered hand tools and work with the manufacture of aluminium products.
- Occasional delivery driving (3.5t flatbed vehicle).
- Adherence to all Health and Safety processes and procedures.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Perform any other relevant tasks deemed necessary by your manager.
- A professional approach as well as the ability to work on own initiative.
- Maintain consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance.
- Good communication skills within the team.
- Must be fit and healthy as some heavy lifting involved.
- Experience in welding aluminum or a desire to learn is preferable.
Full training will be provided and opportunities to learn more and develop will be made available.
Working hours: 40 Hours per week 08.00 – 16.30 (including ½ unpaid hours lunch + 2 x 15min breaks). However from time to time you may be required to work additional hours to fulfil your day to day duties.