Salary : £10 – £12/hour
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire
Type : Temporary to Permanent
Our client is a small friendly family run furniture company.
The work we undertake is very much a manual and physical job with lifting of large, heavy and sometimes awkward items so it is important that the applicant is physically fit to undertake the work. When working within the factory the main job role of the labourer is going to be fork lifting materials ready for machine operators, including aiding with lifting onto machines and wrapping and palleting product ready for delivery. Although these are the main roles of the labouring within the factory they are not a complete list of things you may be asked to undertake as each day may be slightly different from the last (see further examples of general duties below). When working out onsite the main role of the labourer will be to help with deliveries, unloading and material distribution onsite and loading out areas ready for installation, cleaning installed furniture/joinery and protecting the finished product with protective material.
- Fork lifting (counter-balance forklift)
- Re-stacking and organising materials to ensure all materials are stored safely and tidily in their correct location
- Assisting with lifting within the factory
- Wrapping and palleting goods ready for delivery
- Loading vans/lorries
- Aiding installers with lifting and material distribution onsite
- Cleaning and maintenance of vehicles
- Cutting up off-cut materials to a suitable size for burning within our wood burner and keep off-cuts under control
- General waste management
- General cleaning
Please apply today for an immediate start